King George V School Website: http://www.kgv.edu.hk
|‘Be your own remarkable…’|
King George V School is an inclusive Y7-Y13 Secondary School in Homantin, Kowloon with 1800 students from many different nationalities. The school is part of the English Schools Foundation. As a school we offer MYP for years 7-9, I/GCSE for years 10-11 and IBDP and BTEC for Y12-13. Our school vision is to create a ‘school for one’. A place where each and every person engages in remarkable learning to achieve at high levels and be the best they can be. As an agile school, we collaborate and innovate to make a difference in the communities we serve and lead.
Library Information Coordinator (Apr - June 2020)
The school is seeking an energetic candidate to manage, promote and develop the digital collection in the Fung Learning Resources Center (LRC) and to support the development of the IB learner profile. In collaboration with the LRC team and the teaching staff, this position provides a service to the curriculum in order to enhance the quality of the learning and teaching experience of students and staff.
• To ensure the digital library collections are in line with the needs of staff and students, e.g. through planning, acquisition and evaluation of the use of the current collection and running inductions to staff and students;
• Managing academic and digital resources (e.g. LRC website management, Library system and RFID system maintenance) and research new technologies that support the GCSE and IB curricula and enhance student research skills e.g. VR Learning;
• Promoting academic honesty, copyrights, fair use and assisting users with their understanding and observance of the same;
• To manage the effective use of the LRC physical environment and maintain an environment conducive to study;
• Co-ordinate displays, special events and CAS activities to support student learning
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a school / library / information agency;
• Qualification in information studies is preferred but not essential;
• Experience of working with children and young people is highly desirable.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for Library Assistant.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or already possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 01 Mar 2020|
|For enquiries, please contact Joyce Wong at email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|