JOB PURPOSE: The post holder will assist managing the laboratories, assist teachers in preparation and setting up the practical lessons for Science subjects, and provide admin support to the Department.
- Provide in class support (eg. Help students during lessons, demonstrate experiments to students, etc)
- Maintain Health and Safety standard in the laboratories.
- Clean and check specific equipment (eg. Fermenter, pH probes, etc) before and after class practical.
- Assist teachers in planning and trying out experiments and set up individual experiment.
- Prepare, construct, operate, keep stores and maintain laboratory apparatus, equipment and inventory to make sure student’s experiment and teacher’s demonstration running smoothly.
- Maintain an accurate equipment records for the Department and perform annual stock take.
- Purchase materials, apparatus, equipment and other inventory according to Procurement procedure.
- Liaise with teachers, Lab Technician I, Lab Attendant and other support staff members.
- To work collaboratively as part of a team that supports lessons from Y7 to Y13.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by Lab Technician I and Line Managers.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.