ESF Educational Services Website: http://www.esf.org.hk
|ESF Educational Services Limited (ESL), a subsidiary to the English Schools Foundation, delivers a highly successful programme of after-school English and other language teaching and sports coaching for children across Hong Kong, and also operates five international kindergartens.|
Head Coach, Basketball (ASA Programme)
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, organised, highly-motivated candidates for the position of Head Coach, Basketball based in Hong Kong, which will start on 3rd August 2020.
As well as managing and leading a successful After-School sports programme, the successful candidate should be willing to coach a minimum of 10 hours per week including non-standard and weekend hours. The ESF Basketball programme currently consists of three core revenue streams – an After-School programme, a Development Academy and a competitive Elite Academy. In addition, multi-sports activities, including basketball, are delivered during the school holidays.
The post-holder will be responsible for leading and managing the ESF Sports Basketball programme and ensuring the effective delivery of the ESF Sports Basketball curriculum. Qualified candidates should have the ability to develop, schedule and facilitate a broad range of basketball-based activities ensuring progressive athlete development and safety. The successful candidate will also be expected not only to establish strong links with our Foundation schools and promote the ESF Sports Basketball programme but also to manage full-time and part time basketball coaches and to support the Director of Sports in sourcing and progressing new business to grow the existing programme.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a proven track record of coaching basketball to mainly primary school children aged 5 to 11 years old and must have sound business and financial skills to deliver against a set of financial and non-financial annual targets. Strong interpersonal skills, detailed planning and the ability to lead projects from the front is essential, as is the ability to be adaptable and flexible to changing environments.
● Must have leadership experience to manage a team of coaches to deliver and grow the programme in a sustainable manner across multiple locations
● A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with primary school children aged between 5-11 years old is essential
● Experience in the development, mentoring and training of adult and student coaches is desirable
● Must demonstrate experience of planning, organising and delivering high quality and appropriate coaching sessions against a basketball curriculum across a wide age and ability spectrum of students
● Must demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and be passionate about working with young children
● Must be a minimum National Governing Body Level 2 qualified coach though National Governing Body Level 3 would be preferable and/or possess an appropriate sports coaching degree
● Must have high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
● Any other experience with other IT programmes an advantage (including social media)
● Must possess a current First Aid and CPR qualification
● Fluency in written and spoken English
● Willing to work non-standard business hours
Employment benefits package includes medical and life insurance for appointment of two years renewable, together with a work visa for international candidates. A competitive salary commensurate with the successful candidate’s relevant experience will be offered.
Details can be found on the ESF Educational Services (ESL) website on www.esf.org.hk
|Closing Date: 29 Feb 2020|
|For enquiries, please contact Paul Lawrence at email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|