Discovery College Website: http://www.discovery.edu.hk
|Discovery College is a part of the English Schools Foundation. The College opened in 2008 in new, purpose-built campus in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong in August 2008. The College is now a full Years 1-13 (K-12) school with over 1,350 primary and secondary students offering the International Baccalaureate PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes. Our school community is diverse and represents a group of highly motivated staff and students from over 40 home countries.|
The College's Vision Statement of Grow. Discover. Dream., recognises the need for students to be independent, critical and creative thinkers, equipped with the skills, attitudes and values to contribute positively in this complex world we live.
This role is to assist the Business Manager in the areas of site and facilities management, and to ensure resources are utilised effectively, efficiently accordingly to ESF Governance.
Responsible for all aspects of the maintenance and development of the school site, buildings and facilities.
Main accountabilities, including but not limited to,
• Supervise facilities staff and schedule workloads and provide coaching and evaluation to staff; ensure that staff are trained in complex maintenance activities and are following standard operating procedures
• Establish and manage cost control systems and develop annual maintenance repair and improvement budgets
• Provide regular reports and presentations as requested and attend meetings as necessary
• To ensure that the environment of all classrooms is conducive to teaching and learning (all classrooms are adequately resourced, clean, well maintained and free from clutter); to be proactive in checking all classrooms on a regular basis
• Application of project management techniques
• Ability to follow established standards
• Fluency in oral, written English, Cantonese (desirable)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational and computer skills
• Degree in relevant technical subject an advantage
• 3-5 years relevant experience
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 02 Mar 2020|
|For enquiries, please contact Clement Tam at +852 39691000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Please click here for more information about the position.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|