ESF Tigers Basketball programme seek qualified, national governing body-accredited, Level 1 Basketball Coach Award holders to join their coaching team as 25-hour basketball coaches with at least two years’ experience, in a similar coaching environment.
Candidates must be energetic, enthusiastic, have a passion for sport in general and will be expected to have a proven track record with suitable experience of working with young children between the ages of 3 to 12 years old. It is essential that candidates have experience of working with very young children in our core, primary school age-group market and can demonstrate experience of providing dynamic, progressive sessions to these young age groups through structured session planning in our After-School extra-curricular programme. Work experience in a community coaching environment will be extremely useful.
As with all sports coaching posts, this role involves unsocial working hours, including weekends. Weekend coaching involves delivering high-quality coaching sessions in our Development Academy programme, with sessions being delivered for different age-groups from 7 to 13 years old. In the circumstances, candidates should be able to demonstrate sound technical knowledge and experience of working with Academy programmes.
In addition, as a member of the ESF Sports team, candidates will be expected to work during standard school holiday periods to deliver multi-sports coaching sessions in our Sports Camps and Clinics programme. Any additional NGB-accredited sports qualifications will be useful.
- Possess a current Basketball Level 1 Coach Award accredited by a national governing body
- Minimum of two year’s recent experience in teaching basketball to primary school students
- Fluency in English essential including excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be passionate about sport, especially teaching basketball and have an abundance of energy, enthusiasm and patience to work with young children
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environments, ability groups and weather conditions
- A commitment to work unsocial hours
- Possess a current First Aid and CPR certificate as well as computer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
- Willing and enthusiastic about continued professional development, education and training
- Possess a current Basketball Level 2 Coach Award accredited by a national governing body
- Proven record of working with children in 3 – 12 year old age group
- Proven experience of working with schools
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Proven ability to use own initiative
- A confident and professional manner
- Experience in dealing with volunteers and assistants
- Additional sports related qualifications
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.