ESF Sports & Language Website: http://www.esf.org.hk
|ESF Sports & Language, a subsidiary of the English Schools Foundation, delivers a highly successful programme of After-School sports coaching as well as English and other language teaching for children across Hong Kong. |
Head of Business Development and Operations
To lead the strategic development and manage the day to day operations of ESF Afterschool (Sports and Language)
• Plans the strategic direction of ESF Afterschool, within the broader context of the development of ESF, and identifies opportunities to develop the business.
• Manages the day to day operations of ESL, ensuring there are appropriate and effective business processes and systems in place to monitor, control and report on its activities and performance.
• Promotes and markets ESF Afterschool and its activities to a variety of constituencies to attract and retain customers, develop the business and promote the brand.
• Establishes appropriate interfaces with ESF and develops relationships with schools and the broader ESF community that promote the activities of ESF Afterschool and that enable ESL to support curriculum delivery and development within schools.
• Plans and monitors the budget for ESF Afterschool activities and ensures value for money.
• Leads, manages and develops a multi-disciplinary team of staff across multiple locations.
The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer of the English Schools Foundation and is responsible to the Directors and Members of ESL.
Bachelor Degree holder;
At least 10 years’ managerial responsibility, 3 of which at a senior leadership level;
• Clearly defines strategic issues, manages complex issues and makes clear and bold decisions.
• Provides leadership and management to develop and enhance staff performance.
• Demonstrates the highest level of interpersonal and communication skills
• Builds and nurtures relationships with key stakeholder groups to understand and meet their needs.
• Provides high levels of customer service, aligning business processes to improve the customer experience and empowering staff.
• Implements process improvements to enhance service delivery and improve efficiency.
• Business processes
• Use and application of financial and other data to inform decision-making
• Use of a variety of marketing tools and strategies to promote the organization and its activities
• Understanding of business systems and technology
• Understanding of the education market and ESL/ESF’s competitive positioning
Core Soft / Transferable Competencies required
• Ability to lead change and inspire others to identify improvements
• Encourages the flow of information within the organization and listens to feedback
• Planned and organized,
• Sets clear goals and timelines for self and others, aligning objectives with business strategy
• Sets high standards for self and others and monitors progress effectively
• Builds strong relationships internally and with other parties within ESF, including ESL Members and the ESF Board.
• Focuses on the achievement of objectives and considers alternative pathways and/or creative solutions when presented with obstacles
• Communicates effectively verbally and in writing.
• Effective team player.
|Closing Date: 16 Aug 2020|
|For enquiries, please contact Paul Munder at email@example.com.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
|Back to Job List|