- Do I need to have a visa to apply?
ESF will sponsor employment visa for 1 or 2 year full time finite contract teaching positions.
- Can ESF sponsor dependent visa for my partner to work in Hong Kong?
ESF can only sponsor dependent visa for spouse who are lawfully married.
- Can you suggest where other teachers live in Hong Kong?
Please refer to the link for more details
- Do i need a car in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong has a highly developed and sophisticated transport network, encompassing both public and private transport. Based on Hong Kong Government's Travel Characteristics Survey, over 90% of the daily journeys are on public transport, the highest rate in the world.
- What is the salary package like?
We reward our teachers with benefits commensurate with their skills and professional standing in the community. Please see link below for more details of a typical package of an ESF primary and secondary teacher. http://www.esf.edu.hk/terms-and-conditions/
- Am I eligible for a teaching position?
Applicants applying for a teaching role should meet the general minimum requirement of
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or
- Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
- 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation.
- I want to apply for a position but I don't see an opening for it, can I just send my CV through?
All available vacancies are listed on our "Job Listing" page, and unfortunately we do not take in personal CV for future reference at this moment.
- Do I have to submit an online application form or can I just send my CV?
All applicants MUST submit an online application form in order to be considered.
- I have just missed the deadline for an opening; can I still submit an application?
Unfortunately no, we do not take in late applications.
- Can I apply for more than 1 position at a time?
Yes. You can apply multiple positions within one application, and you can submit multiple applications as well.
- Do you have joint application for teaching couples?
No. Each applicant must submit their own application form, you can however mention this on your application form
- When and how will interviews be conducted?
The shortlisting will be done shortly after the application closing date.
Video conference interviews such as Skype, will be conducted for candidates located in Overseas.
- When do you contact my referees?
If you are applying for a teaching position, the school may request a reference from your referees prior to the shortlisting and interview stage.
- Does ESF have programs for continuous professional development for teachers?
ESF have a very well established CPD program for our teachers. Please see the below link for more details.
- System does not allow me to login?
Once you have registered, the system will immediately send you an email with an activation link. Please check your inbox or junk box to retrieve the email, and click on the activation link. You can then login afterward.
- I have clicked on the job that I want to apply, but I cannot find the "Apply & Continue" button?
Please register first under "Registration" and login to the system. On the job listing page, check the box(es) of the positions that you want to apply for. Scroll to the bottom of page and you will see the "Apply & Continue" button.
- I previously worked in a non-educational role, but system is asking for all the school related questions?
Please change the Job Nature of the employment record from "Educational" to "Non-Educational".
- I have filled in everything but system still requires me to complete the Education and Qualification section?
If the below fields does not apply to you, please leave them completely blank
- Hong Kong Teacher Registration
- Overseas Teacher Registration
- My application cannot be submitted and it is still sitting under "Incomplete Applications". What should I do?
Please click on the form ID number to go back to your application form. Check all the details you have entered and click the "Submit Application" button on the bottom of the page. After that, you should receive an auto-generated email from our system to confirm your submission.
- The system does not allow me to click for "Submit Application".
Please make sure that you have filled in all the fields marked with an asterisk (*) in order to submit your application.
- When I click "Submit Application", my application has gone blank.
This is a temporary loading issue with the web browser, please click on "Modify Form" to return to your application page, and click "Preview Application" again, all your application details should be there. After you confirmed everything, click on "Submit Application" on the preview page to complete the application process.
- I have entered the wrong details on my application form, how can I change it?
All submitted applications cannot be modified; please make sure to check all details before submitting. Once an application is submitted, you can only update the section for referee details.